Anyone who has been around me in the last nine months knows that pregnancy is not my favorite state of being. With my second (and likely last) pregnancy due to come to a close at the end of this week, I thought I should make a list of the things that I will actually miss about having a small human living inside me.
1. Being able to eat whatever I want whenever I want under the guise of it is what the baby wants me to do. I will be missing the snack sized Twix and potato soup that have become my diet staples over the last few months.
2. The looks of sympathy I am able to garner whenever I make a sound of discomfort. Rubbing my belly with a pained expression on my face usually brings on an invitation to sit down and a cold drink brought to me.
3. Guilt free napping in the afternoon, even when dinner isn’t made and the laundry isn’t done.
4. David kissing my belly and telling baby brother to hurry up and come play Spiderman
5. Maternity pants. Elastic waistbands may not be sexy, but damn are they comfortable.
6. The unarguable excuse out of social functions and obligations I don’t feel like attending. Casey especially enjoyed this perk to get him out of work functions over the last year.
7. The anticipation of something completely joyous to come in the future.